With this in mind, I thought it'd be fun to do a few baking-themed posts here and there. We all know I don't do blog scheduling but I'd love to share some recipe ideas, baking wish lists and baking hauls here and there.
For now though, I thought I'd share a super quick Cheese Scone recipe. These have gone down a treat in the Hunt household! Arthur even likes them and I feel happy knowing the exact ingredients that have gone into making them.
8oz Self Raising Flour
2oz Unsalted Butter
1oz Mature Cheddar Cheese
150ml of Milk
Pinch of Salt
How to make cheese scones...
1. Pre-heat your oven to 220c and line a baking tray with lightly greased parchment paper
2. Pop the flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in a pinch of salt
3. Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your hands
4. Stir in your cheese and pour in the milk
5. Mix together to create a soft dough
6. Pour a little flour onto a clean work surface and begin lightly kneading your dough
7. Pat it gently into a rounded shape and cut out as many scones as you can - kneading and re-shaping the dough in between (I use a 2 inch circular cutter but you could do it without a cutter for a more rustic look!)
8. Brush the tops of your scones with a little milk
9. Place in the oven for 12 minutes. Your scones should have risen and have a lovely golden appearance
10. Cool them on a wire rack and then serve with butter!
It's such a simple recipe but trust me, cheese scones are so tasty and perfect for lunch and snacks. I usually make around ten scones with the recipe above but you may be able to make more or less, depending on the size of the cutter you choose.
I hope you've enjoyed my first baking post. I'm really looking forward to exploring this new topic on Seek My Scribbles!